Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Okay, so I don't have an inbox

But even if I did, it wouldn't do any good. People seem to think it's cool to invade my space when they have a problem. (It's not). So if I'm out of the office for a while I often come back to something sitting on my chair. A package, a box, a letter, something. Most of the time it's just because there isn't a better place for it, and I don't care too much. But sometimes... sometimes...

Today I got three pages of printed forms placed on my seat. I read them over quick trying to decide why they heck they were there and how to fill them out. I grabbed my pen (stored in my backpack, were it cannot be stolen... and started reading over the form. None of it seemed to apply to me or my job. There was some chicken scratch writing on top but it didn't immediately look like words, so I tried to decipher them.

What I see appears to say:
4th floor 7rn. Phg printer B+W

Then I see some arrows pointing toward a black streak that runs down the middle of the page. "Aaaahhhh," I think. "There is a problem with a printer. That shouldn't be hard to remedy. Now, who is asking for this since I can't even match up the words with the names or locations of any printers."

No names. Nothing but a note saying as you saw above.

My phone reports 5 voicemails. "Ahh! There must be a message for me!" Nope. Nothing. Just a guy who has been whining all day about his wireless not working (which, at this time, I have fixed three times by having him turn it back on). Lovely.

Emails? None. There are ~40 people upstairs. There are probably half a dozen public printers and a dozen or so private printers. I would like to think that if it was a public printer other people would have asked about it....

INTO THE TRASH!!

No comments:

Post a Comment