Wednesday, January 19, 2011

It goes both ways...

I like to think that I do a pretty good job of translating techno-speak into layman's terms and vice-versa. But today I must be off because I had an email exchange a bit like this with a systems analyst.

Them: Would you tell us exactly how it was partitioned the 2nd time?
Me: I wiped out all partition data and even wiped the MBR. As far as the OS was concerned it was a brand new, off the line HDD. The OS creates its own partition of about 100MB for system data upon installation.
[Maybe a bit wordy, but you should be able to gather that I a) wiped the HDD partition and MBR, and b) the new partition status is the default for the OS]

Them: Ok, so you deleted the partitions, reformatted and recreated the partitions?

No comments:

Post a Comment