Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The communicative properties of business...

If you ask the same thing in different ways, you sometimes get different answers. But not when you're talking about basic math... Many people are blinded by their own self importance and cannot understand when a wall is a wall.

Me: It will take me 3-10 business days to honor your . It is low-priority and all other work will take precedence regardless of how long you wait.
Him: What if you started on Friday? Would it be done on Monday or Tuesday the next week?
Me: No, I can't work on it on the weekends.
Him: How about Thursday morning. If I come in on Thursday morning can you just do it then?
Me: No, I need 3-10 business days for this request.
Him: Okay, what if I drop it off Thursday morning, will it be done by Monday morning?

This conversation x3...

No comments:

Post a Comment