Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Not what I said

This time I'm dealing with a product vendor and asked for documentation on some systems. We'll call the one I want Whiskey (something I like) and the one I got information on Grapefruit (something I do not like). Perhaps you can draw your own situation conclusions from there...

Her: So which system do you want documentation for?
Me: Whiskey.
Her: Okay, when using that you can use it in concert with other systems, which system are you using?
Me: Rum. I don't have the resources to use Grapefruit, which is why I'm having trouble with finding the right documentation. I have all the information I need on Grapefruit, but I need information on Whiskey. Your website doesn't have any links to the documentation.
(We spend a few minutes chatting about what I have and need)
Her: Okay, I'll send you what you need.

Ten minutes later I get a link to Grapefruit in my email "as per our conversation"....

No comments:

Post a Comment