Monday, February 6, 2012

Instructions are still pretty hard to follow

Her: I got the new instructions for logging into the website, but it's not working.
Me: I'd be more than happy to help. First off, click on the shortcut in your IE.
Her: I'm already there.
Me: Okay, log in just like you did with the previous website. Nothing has changed except for the way it looks, so you shouldn't have any problems.
Her: Okay, so I use my [user A] and [password A] and it doesn't let me on.
Me: Right, but you're supposed to be using [user b] and its password for this system.
Her: Why doesn't the document say that?
(I pull up said document)
Me: It's under the heading, "Logging into the updated system"
Her: Okay, but it still doesn't work.
Me: Can you tell me exactly what you did?
Her: Well, I'm using [user b] and [password a].

Three attempts later...

Her: Well, I don't know what you did but it worked.

No comments:

Post a Comment