Friday, June 10, 2011

Mess Math

I spend a lot of time at my desk. I mean a LOT. I'd like to spend less some days, and more others. I couldn't ever nail it down to a percent, either. I just know that sometimes I won't move for a few hours. Most of the time my lunch is an energy bar and/or a can of tuna fish right out of the can. At my desk, while working. Working under these conditions means that I generally will snag a bunch of paper towels whenever I hit the break room so I have something to put down on my desk to absorb crumbs and such.

On thing I have learned is this. The amount of napkins I NEED is directly proportional to the amount of napkins I grab + 1 for any given 24 hour period....

Today's reason was that I threw an energy drink (low carb) in the freezer to quickly cool it, then got stuck at my desk for a good hour until I remember it was in the freezer. Rushed over and grabbed the can and saw no deformation. So I brought it back to my desk and opened it. To my dismay, that which is normally not so fizzy or violent sprayed out onto my desk! I immediately moved the leaking faucet of ginseng and taurine infused carbonated delight over the trash can and grabbed my remaining napkins to start cleaning... doh...

No comments:

Post a Comment