Friday, February 11, 2011

Oh, it hurts...

Just when you think you can trust some one's ability with a computer...

Her:
I have this problem -

(she goes on to explain her issue which I know how to fix and just tell her to restart her computer because her password expired)

Me: Okay, restart your computer.
Her: I just did.
Me: Before or after you had the problem you called about?
Her: After.

(about an hour of troubleshooting later, I STILL know it's got to be what I though initially, so I force her computer to restart)

Her: Oh, it wants me to reset my password.

(this is where I get stupid. I should have left it at that, but I was pissed that this person in particular who is usually very good about these things fell so far..)

Me: When did you restart your computer last?
Her: This morning when I got in.
Me: So you were having this problem last night? Because you said you restarted after you had the problems.
Her: No, I didn't restart it after the problems started.

(Even here, I could have probably have skated by...)

Me: Okay, in the future please try to do what I've asked you to do, even if you think you've done it already. We wasted an hour on a really easy problem. Perhaps I need to communicate better-
CLICK!

Yup, I'm going to catch hell for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment