Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Instructions are TOO hard...

Another guy who can't figure out how to do something on an iPad.

When we give people access to certain systems we send them very easy to follow instructions that can be followed to the letter. All you have to do is open your eyes, yet I just had to walk someone through an iPad setup (with Exchange email).

The instructions are very easy to follow, so when someone calls me and asks for help, I WANT to assume that something out of the ordinary is happening. However, it's not out of the ordinary. They just can't understand this sort of format and need someone to hold their hand.

Email:
Go to Settings > "Mail, Contacts, Calendars" > Add Account > Microsoft Exchange

In box A: info A

In box B: info B
In box C: info C
In box D: info D

The Conversation:
Him: So how do I get into Settings?
Me: From the home screen, click on "Settings".
Him: So how do I get into Mail, Contacts, and Calendars?
Me: From the home screen, click on "Mail, Contacts, and Calendars".
Him: So how do I get into Add Account?
Me: From the home screen, click on "Add Account".
Him: Which one do I want?
Me: Microsoft Exchange.
Him: So what do I type into box A?
Me: Look at the email and type in info A.
Him
: So what do I type into box B?
Me: Look at the email and type in info B.
Him: I don't understand, I just typed that into box A.
Me: I said to type info A into box A.
Him: So what do I type into box C?
Me: Look at the email and type in info C.
Him: But I thought I was supposed to type in RandomBS
Me: No, I would like you to type info C from the email.
Him: Oh, the email.
Me: Yes, please stick to the information we provided.
Him: So what do I type into box D?
Me: Look at the email and type in info D.

No comments:

Post a Comment